04 April 2012

One thing I'm good at ...

I've just joined Mighty Bell and have joined the Teacher 2.0 community. In doing so there are a number of exercises I've been asked to complete.

1) write down at least one thing that you are good at, that is, a talent that you have.


Now this gives me pause ... what am I good at? 


I'm good at teaching people how to use computer software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Internet Browsers - IE, Google - and become comfortable with the computer), social media (Facebook in particular, Skype, Google+, Twitter). I get such a buzz from seeing people gain confidence in using a computer and using it for their purposes.


2) write down something(s) you love doing or something(s) you love learning about.


I love writing and with Blogs I've taken to writing to three of them! Recently I decided to re-learn how to crochet and went off to an evening session which I enjoyed tremendously.


My first effort! I kept losing stitches which as a knitter from way back was quite distressing. I turns out I was reading the pattern incorrectly.


3) Think about or write down how the Internet has impacted your own personal learning.


The Internet is such a vast place. I've been using the Internet since 1994 and have watched how it has changed over that time. Until Web2.0 came about I found it not much different from searching my folders on the computer. Now I've taken to using Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Gmail, Google Reader, Google+ all of which have impacted on my learning. I discovered people discussing the change to 'social learning' and how that will change how learning and development is delivered in the workplace - my area of interest. This has been quite recent and has provided me with lots of food for thought with regard to my own approach to learning and development.


4) Understanding the Personal Web Presence


Here I'm learning about managing my online presence. An example can be found here.


More food for thought. Maybe I should put more pages on my workplace learning & development blog ... 


5) Building my own Personal Web Presence


Using this blog I'll be adding and re-working this site.


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think ...