02 January 2012

2012 ... My Social Learning

I have been very interested in the shift from formal training to what Jane Hart calls 'Social Learning'.

I find her writing and thinking on Training and Development in the workplace interesting and well worth following.

This year, my focus will be entirely on learning as much as I can on this very new subject and then incorporating it into my workplace practices.

I will aim to regularly post my thoughts and ideas on Social Learning for your feedback, comments and thoughts.

What prompted me was Jane's latest blog post, where she quotes:

Up to now, for many organisations, Social Business has been about social media marketing and engaging customers, but as IBM explains …
“A Social Business isn’t just a company that has a Facebook page and a Twitter account. A Social Business is one that embraces and cultivates a spirit of collaboration and community throughout its organization—both internally and externally.”
 Her words ring true. With my learning I want to be someone who assists businesses to embrace and cultivate a spirit of collaboration and community in their organisation.

Another blogger, Harold Jarche, is also worth keeping tabs on. He too is writing about the shift in the Learning & Development departments.

Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think ...