14 May 2011

Tools for learning - facebook

I created a page on Facebook as a resource and access point for trainees studying the Certificate III in Business. I spent many hours creating discussions and adding loads of links. So far, I couldn't say this page has been very successful, although at present three students have liked the page out of a possible 10.

At a Moodle session I recently attended, the instructor stated: "resources do not teach" (or words to that effect).  I was much struck by this.  The other thing I've realised is I need to be active and/or proactive on this page.

Anyway, I found this article from The Edublogger to be of great interest.  I'm now wondering if I could persuade my workplace to set up a Facebook page for its students and trainers to develop community and communities of practice.

I would love to know what you are doing in this area?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think ...