09 March 2012

70:20:10

I feel like I've been living in a vacuum. I've recently been learning about how to use social media for workplace learning or social learning or informal learning. Today I viewed a video on 70:20:10


which prompted me to do a search on 70:20:10.  Out of the first few items listed from 36Mill


I found one article going against the trend: Let's Kill a few Learning Holy Cows. It was great to see an opposing view and it has given me pause for thought.

I've included some links to various articles I discovered:

Charles Jennings: 70:20:10 Learning Approaches; Through the 70:20:10 Looking Glass; Structured Learning; 8 reasons to focus on informal and social learning

Allen Tough (the original author of this idea) Why Adults Learn

Neil Perkin: the 70:20:10 Model

Have you used 70:20:10 in business or learning? What did you like/not like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think ...