06 August 2011

Cleverly using PowerPoint

Recently I put a post up on my LinkedIn Group - Innovation in VET asking: "Should we ban PowerPoint" I've found the responses highly interesting.  The overall feeling I get is that PowerPoint has its place but users need to be less text oriented and more visual oriented.

Today I came across this blog: better slide sets which offers a range of tips for developing interesting presentations.  The take out message:
For today’s fast-paced audience with a short attention span, we have to get back to basics and get them involved!
This is related to the six bullet points per slide idea.  If you do need to make a list ask the group about what the list might comprise with the actual list in your notes.  This is a much better tactic as you're involving the group not causing them to fall asleep!


What do you do with your presentations?  Do you use PowerPoint?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think ...